Using CBD Oil For Treating Anxiety
At this time, it’s not clear how CBD treats anxiety. Research suggests that CBD could affect brain serotonin levels. Serotonin is a hormone that influences how you feel.
Research has shown that anxiety can be reduced by increasing levels of serotonin. Antidepressants, for example, can regulate serotonin levels. Some studies have shown that CBD could be as effective as an antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications.
Can CBD Help Fight Depression?
There is some evidence that CBD may be able to help with depression. There aren’t enough human studies to prove this. More research is needed to be sure. CBD could be used in the same way as serotonin to treat depression and anxiety.
You can safely take CBD with antidepressants. Before you start taking CBD, consult your doctor.
What Are The Findings of Studies On CBD And anxiety?
Due to CBD’s rising popularity, a number of studies have examined CBD as a possible treatment for anxiety.
- A 2011 study showed that CBD can reduce anxiety and discomfort in people with social anxiety disorder.
- A 2011 study also showed that CBD can reduce anxiety symptoms in people with social anxiety disorder.
- An analysis of 49 studies in 2015 showed that CBD could help with panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. It also helped with social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- A 2019 study found that CBD provided relief for 91% of patients with PTSD.
- A study using CBD to treat anxiety and insomnia was conducted in 2019. Nearly 80% of respondents said that their anxiety had decreased, and 70% said that they felt more rested after the first month. The results regarding sleep were not consistent over time.
- 2017 research found that CBD did not increase anxiety or paranoia. In fact, some people felt more anxious.
These results are generally positive, but there are some things to keep in mind. These studies are often very small in sample size, even for those with negative results. These results might not be representative of the general population. These studies don’t look at the long-term effects of CBD on anxiety.
This article was written by a CBD Specialist at Uplift CBD. At https://upliftcbdco.com/ we strive to provide our customers with the highest level of satisfaction by providing the best quality products. We source our naturally occurring cannabinoids from only premium USA hemp farms. All our products are carefully formulated to promote superior health and wellness. They are grown and extracted in the USA. Because our CBD products are 100% natural and derived from the Non-GMO industrial hemp plant they are legal for sale across all 50 states of the USA. Independently lab tested for purity and concentration no other company has the quality and quantity of natural cannabinoids thats in our products for the same value! Shop our products today!